Fall is just around the corner. As the hot summer sun sets, comes the awareness of keeping your kids healthy during the upcoming cooler months. That’s why we want to bring you some tips to keep your kids thriving during the fall season:
• Avoid sugary and processed foods – They lower immune function, make kids moody, and cause inflammation. You will see great improvement in your child’s behavior if they have a balanced diet. Things to avoid: • Processed sugar • Dyes and food additives • Wheat (gluten) • Soy • Dairy
About 70% of the immune system is in the gut! Choosing the right nutrition will keep your child strong and healthy.
• Help them face stressful triggers – Introduce them to self-care practices such as meditation and yoga. They can help regulate their emotions and lower stress. Professional therapy and counseling are also powerful tools to consider.
Remember, your emotional and physical health are closely linked together.
• Keep a consistent sleep schedule - Familiar routines boost concentration and productivity. They provide the security needed to focus on tasks like learning.
Removing devices from the bedroom, including TVs, will help your kid wind down in preparation for sleep.
• Seek outdoor activities away from screens – Exercise increases the circulation of immune cells in the body, protecting your child from infections.
Physical activity also helps avoid the visual strain, headaches, and neck issues caused by the constant use of electronics.
• Stay hydrated! - Water helps regulate temperature, digest food, and get rid of waste. Ideally, kids should drink water with their meals, and extra if they are playing sports or exercising. Substituting sodas and sugary drinks with water will help them avoid conditions like Diabetes.
If you want to give your child the best chance to stay healthy during the colder months, we are here to help. We want to support your family and ensure they feel and function at their best!